[DeTomaso] carbon fiber doors

goodwinpantera at comcast.net goodwinpantera at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 18:08:03 EST 2016

Found a company in Tacoma, Washington that makes carbon fiber hoods, decklids, and doors but he would need to keep your door to make a mold. We would be willing to take on molds for such a car, but keep in mind there are a few factors working against you here. First, our doors do not have any side impact protection. Therefore, they are not suitable for street use without a roll cage. Second, we would need parts in pristine condition to make molds from. They would not be returned to you once the molds have been made. We own the molds, and we keep the parts we make the molds from so we can back check the molds if there is ever a question of the mold warping or twisting. Third, to do any parts, we would require a deposit equivalent to the full purchase price of five parts, in advance, before any work is begun.

The good news, is that we do not require any charge for the creation of the molds when five parts are purchased in advance. The lead time is 3-4 months for a set of doors and 2-3 months for a deck lid or hood.

Greg Shampine
Ultra-Carbon
253-906-8126

I wonder if POCA members want to form a list then they should contact this fellow. My doors are full of rust and would need new door skins welded on.