[DeTomaso] Effort reduction kit

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 19:47:08 EST 2016

Mike,

That's actually a factory kit (although PP may have tooled up to reproduce it). It's a fairly worthwhile improvement, I think. My '72 came to me with it already, although I don't believe it left the factory that way. It has a McLeod three finger clutch. Lori's 1971 has a McLeod diaphragm clutch without this kit and clutch effort is about the same as mine with the kit. I can only imagine that effort would be further reduced on her car if the kit was added.

Note that the clutch master cylinder pushrod has to be shortened to accommodate it.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone