[DeTomaso] 2017 POCA Fun Rally

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:40:39 EST 2016

Yes Monterey car week is expensive, this hotel more so as it hosts the Mecum auction, but you can still attend Monterey during August car week at reasonable cost, as many of the Pantera owners who attend Concorso Italiano and the Historic Racing will attest.

Good on you for taking this on, providing a new and alternate venue for Pantera owners to gather at a hotel in an excellent setting on the golf course and with the added novelty of putting around a very historic track at no cost, of which I am sure many will enjoy.

What is the hotel rate for the Fun Rally, I must have missed that email?

The dilemma for me personally is that Monterey represents all that August car week offers, a hectic week of car-centric sensory overload, so why do it any other time. Baja Cantina is not Baja Cantina without an eclectic mix of cars coming and going, music and beer on the lawn. Any other time it's, well just a Mexican Cantina. 17 mile drive is a 17 mile low speed congested traffic opportunity for Pantera's to parade along and I'm sure the  folks in retirement homes along the seafront will get a kick out of sitting on the front porch, blankets over knees and watching all those Pantera's pass by, shame not many of them will be able to actually hear them...

Julian