[DeTomaso] No racing again at the 2017 POCA Fun Rally?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 19 18:12:10 EST 2016

Dan's been there and done that and we'd like to see him do it again in the 150 class.  What he forgets is that POCA doesn't do the track event.  It used to be PCNC for years and it just happened to be convenient that a track was nearby and something could be set up.  That's become more and more difficult not to mention very expensive.  Most the other Pantera owners/racers don't typically complain about it, they just don't come if their primary focus is racing.

I think it would be great to have a track event, but I'm not going to complain after seeing all the trouble it's taken people over the last few years.  The Fun Rally was first and foremost an event for owners to get together and socialize, not race.  The track event came along later and could draw more owners, but in reality, some of them didn't attend the Fun Rally anyway, they just raced.

I think it's great Ed has done as much as he has, and its apparent he's still working on some things.  If owners would like to race, I'm sure an experienced person might step up and help.  I can think of at least two people who could help (me not being one of them) who have done so in the past.

Asa

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

[...]

   How about coming out to Silver State. Better than aA parade lap.