[DeTomaso] No racing again at the 2017 POCA Fun Rally?

Dan Courtney dan at excaliburre.com
Sat Nov 19 16:49:21 EST 2016

Ed, Monterey is a great place for a car event, but that’s primarily because of the ability to race on a world class track.
I’m really, really disappointed that POCA is once again ignoring and alienating the racers in the Club.
Two years in a row without a track event? What’s the point in having a Pantera track car if you can’t compete against other Panteras?
Parade laps are nice for daily drivers but not worth trailering a race car for a 1,000 mile trip.
I thought last year was a one time foul-up, but now it’s looking like the Club doesn’t care about it’s racing contingency, or about the Pantera racing tradition.
As of this moment I’d say count me, The Beast and The Winged Warrior, out.
Maybe I’ll get over this by Spring, if anyone cares, but I strongly feel that the ability to host a Pantera track day should be a top priority in selecting a venue for any Fun Rally.

Dan Courtney