[DeTomaso] Engine help needed - I've got gas! (or my car does....)

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Nov 12 14:52:48 EST 2016

No Charlie, you misunderstand...
An engine IDLED for 45 minutes is nearly guaranteed to FAIL.  It will be so loaded with carbon it can't possibly pass, no matter how "warmed up it is."

You need to be DRIVING it for 45 minutes and immediately test it.  It needs to be taken through the gears, engine rpms taken high,..... Blow out the cobwebs, the carbon build-up, etc.  Then test.  If you idle for any length of time waiting in line... rinse and repeat.  Do NOT spend time idling in line, it will kill your test.

Asa

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

-------------- next part --------------
> [...]

   relevant
   >>    here.
   >>

   >>    I have 20 days to "fix it" and bring it back for re-testing.
   Thanks
   >>    all!
   >>
   >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.) use
   >> the links above.
   >>
   >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
   any
   >> message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
   list.
   >> They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or
   >> approve the archiving of list messages.

   use
   the links above.

   any
   list.
   They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or

   11/12/16