[DeTomaso] Car guy bucket list suggestions (Lynn Wall)

Larry Montgomery larrym at charter.net
Fri Nov 11 18:33:44 EST 2016

Lynn - I enjoyed the Goodwood event held at the track.  We went in 2002,
and enjoyed the costumes, cars and incredibly low-flying WWII planes.
The racing was a LOT more intense then Monterey - these guys have a ton
of money and are not afraid to dent their priceless vehicles.

Another event to consider is the Monaco Historic event held in
even-numbered years.  Same course set-up as the F1 race held two weeks
later, but the prices for everything are less than half what you'll pay
for the big race.  Incredible City and lots of auto museums, the
Aquarium, Palace and other places to enjoy.  Let me know if you need
information on the event.  We used a tour leader (Steve Austin) who got
us into all the best nooks and corners, as well as the Mille Miglia
recreation race the week after.  My bucket runneth over!

That being said, you really can't beat Monterey.  We've started going up
the week before for the many free events (and some with a bearable
charge) offered starting the Monday before the races.  We stay in our
motorhome at the track the entire time, which helps a lot with the
overall cost.  I'll put seven days enjoying all these events (and the
thousands of amazing cars just driving around the Peninsula) against any
other car-related bucket list item I know.