[DeTomaso] Trans Am Pantera

gudmund frøland gudmundfroiland at yahoo.no
Tue Nov 8 02:30:06 EST 2016

Some spesial kind of spoler they used on these cars :)
Den tir 2016-11-08 skrev Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>:

 Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] Trans Am Pantera
 Til: "L GRAY" <tipo874a at msn.com>
 Kopi: "detomaso at server.detomasolist.com" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>, "Michael Cox" <coxmichaelt at gmail.com>
 Dato: Tirsdag 8. november 2016 05.01

 Guys,

 Just found the video and did a screen grab.
 99.9% sure it's the Warren Tope car.

 Note that the car has been wrecked--the right
 fender and flare are damaged and the decklid looks like a
 pretzel.

 This car was
 wrecked again and again and again during his ownership,
 apparently. By the time he was done with it, the whole back
 end had been destroyed and replaced with a tubular
 structure. When it was sold to Europe a few years ago, what
 wasn't wrecked was rusted to the point of translucency.
 It has since been restored although they didn't attempt
 to replicate the Gr4-specific chassis details.

  I suspect they used another
 Pantera as a donor car. Whether they transferred the
 identity of the Gr4 to the street car or used bits of the
 street car to rebuild the race car, I don't know, but I
 dimly recall that the center chassis was original when I saw
 it last, so I suspect it is the latter....

 Mike

 Sent from my iPad

 On Nov 7, 2016, at 7:28 PM, L GRAY <tipo874a at msn.com>
 wrote:

 > That would
 indeed probably be Warren's Trans Am car.

 at 7:12 PM, "jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com"
 <jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com>
 wrote:

 Well, without watching the video, I suspect Warren Tope.
 Although, Chucks been around long enough to know that
 one!

 JT

 wrote:

 =============
 >> Dear Mike,
 >>

 >>             Amazing.
 I never heard nor knew that a Pantera ever ran in TransAm.
 This sounds like a job for Mike Drew.   Only he
 can solve this apparent warping of TransAm and Pantera
 racing history.

                  Warmest regards,  Chuck
 Engles

 On Behalf Of Michael Cox
 >> Sent:
 Monday, November 07, 2016 8:43 PM

 To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
 >> Subject: [DeTomaso] Trans Am
 Pantera

 SpeedTV ran a special titled "The History of the Trans
 Am Series" and I found a copy on YouTube. About 29
 minutes in there is a picture of a Pantera, I've never
 seen this car anywhere else. Looks like iit may have backed
 in to a wall earlier in the race.[image: Inline image 1]

 >>  --mike

 >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by
 POCA
 >> Posted emails must not exceed
 1.5 Megabytes
 >> DeTomaso mailing
 list
 >> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
 >>
 >> To manage
 your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
 use the links above.

 >> Members who post to this list grant
 license to the list to forward any message posted here to
 all past, current, or future members of the list. They also
 grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or
 approve the archiving of list messages.

 >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by
 POCA
 >> Posted emails must not exceed