[DeTomaso] Group 5 and IMSA Racing Panteras

davek detomaso.pantera at verizon.net
Sun Nov 6 18:42:00 EST 2016

Hi Julian,

Finally, after your request below, and a few others over the years, to see some pics of my racing Panteras, I've created a couple of spaces to post pictures and provide more info on both the Group 5 "re-creation", chassis 9313, and the IMSA GTO Pantera that first ran in 1986.

The webpage is located here: www.gr5pantera.com

The Facebook page is located here: www.facebook.com/gr5pantera

Originally I just sent photos of 9313 to the provamo.com site, but if (after logging in with the into that I was provided) I click on the "some photos and details currently exist" link for 9313, I just get kicked back to the log in page. Just curious if you, or any others who may be interested, can see them?

In any event, this prompted me to simply create a separate website for the car. But since I realized there are probably many Pantera owners may not know the history of the Group 5 or IMSA Panteras that race 'in period', I added a brief primer to give some context. That expanded to including info on a few other race Panteras ... and eventually snowballed into dipping into the world of Facebook and creating a separate page for posting pictures. But at least I enjoyed pulling together the pictures and content!

I hope you find this of some interest. And maybe it will generate more awareness in some of the more obscure elements of deTomaso racing history for others (so posting this on the POCA & PI forums).

Regards,
Dave

Great to see you back and my apologies as for some reason I thought your car was a "sister" car to Quella's.

I (and I'm sure others) would love to see some photos!

Julian