[DeTomaso] BaT 73 Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 14:47:31 EDT 2016

How do you tell if there is good metal under the paint without a very careful investigation?  I bought a 72 project a long time ago with new paint.  I saw issues, had it stripped, and probably will have to spend $10K + on metal repair and then another $10K for paint.  It's worth it now to spend that, but wasn't a few years ago.  With a complete car, you also have all the work/$s to take the car apart for proper repairs.   I think there is maybe $30K (maybe more) in uncertainty between a car that you know has good metal under the paint and one that you don't know about.
Ken