[DeTomaso] familiar steering wheel

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 1 18:56:55 EDT 2016

I was the proud owner of a 1974 Ford Capri MKI 2.8L - made in Cologne, West Germany  I bought it New. $3956 CDN all in.   I owned and maintained it until 1991.  It was a great car.  I had serviced the entire steering column as well as its rack.  I still have a Capri rack in storage (because in 1990, I heard the same falsehood that it was used in the DeTomaso). BTW My Capri was the same metallic brown as the one in the link although, as I say, it was a V-6.
I have owned a 1974 DeTomaso Pantera since 1990.  I have serviced the steering system on this car as well.  Including the rack and column.  I changed the steering wheel etc.  I have a new DeTomaso Steering rack I bought for this car from Roland J in storage (not for sale, don't ask)..
I owned/own both cars.  Take it from a guy who knows first hand:The Steering columns are different. The racks are different. The stock steering wheel was different.  However, the outer decorative cover of the steering wheel looks very similar except for the centre emblem.  I did not try to mount the outer steering wheel cover from the Ford to the DeTomaso so I cannot say if it would have fit.So, except for the outer trim piece, the steering is different.I have been led to believe that the steering system is more akin to the Ferrari 308 than the Ford Capri although I cannot confirm this as I have never owned or serviced the 308.
I hope this clears up any more misleading information.
Bohdan Goyaniuk