[DeTomaso] Laurie's vision of current topics (be warned ... long and tedious)

Effie Richards erichards at zogob.sdcoxmail.com
Mon May 30 22:04:12 EDT 2016

Mike,
First off, I want to reiterate that you did a fantastic job with the raffle and your sense of humor and beautiful assistant(!) added some great spirit to this task! So you are not being blamed at all! You followed the tradition and we ended up with way too many T-shirts to raffle!
I believe Robert spent about $200 on raffle tickets, not for purpose of winning, but to support our club's treasury!  So thank you and your assistants for a job well done!
I personally like your suggestion for next year's raffle event and will leave in the hands of our board to fine tune and get it finalized!
We all had comments about the event and personally speaking, not for criticism but for learning and improving going forward, I'm sure most will agree.
Jack DeRyke's newsletter is amazing and I made sure to communicate that to Judy so she can share with Jack.
I believe the majority of members and guests who were there enjoyed all the events, the POCA shops were great, seeing old friends and meeting new ones was my personal high light and Jay Leno's show was a very special event!... (Thank you Marshall and team).
Our car was just fine tuned that week and we drove it and enjoyed the ride there and back tremendously!
It will be so much better next year, wherever it may take place. When you have dates, please let us know to block it on our calendar!  Especially if we have to fly there.
Thank you again.

Sent from Effie's iPad

> On May 30, 2016, at 6:41 PM, mbglobalsc at aol.com wrote:
>
> Good evening ladies and everyone else on the forum, I would like to express some thoughts about the
> raffle during this past Fun Rally.
>
> As Vice President of POCA it is my responsibility to do many things as a Board member, but also be
> the Raffle Master at the Fun Rally.

> this was my first POCA Raffle, I have been apart of many Car Shows and other big motor car related events that
> included a raffle, but didn't want to reinvent the proverbial wheel by changing anything about the way past POCA raffles have been run. As it turns out, there were quite a few things that could have helped make it run smoother.
>
> On the one hand I am proud that through my efforts in dealing with our vendors and my wife Chrissy
> spending four months hitting crafts fairs and sales ( her budget from POCA was challenging) and through
> the generosity of our vendors and many others, we were able to have almost $9,000.00 worth of raffle prizes.
> Unfortunately, if you were there, not many of the prizes were bigger ticket in value, instead averaging $25.00
> to $40.00 including over 40 T-shirts on top of that. We did have a  good showing of bigger value items in the $200.00 to $530.00
> valuations.
>
> Even with a strong showing of raffle prizes and with lots of help from Chrissy, Joe Stockstt ( our POCA Secretary)
> Ed Mendez ( our POCA PR and Advertising lead) and even Michael Shortt ( our POCA President) and myself, the raffle
> went almost an hour and a half in a hot room (no air conditioning) after a full day, banquet and cocktails.
>
> In spite of all our efforts to move things along....I'm sure it seemed like the raffle that would never end!
>
> So, I will present a new plan for the Fun Rally Raffle to the POCA Board at our July meeting. It will include
> having a general raffle where tickets will be drawn hourly all day Saturday with winning numbers posted.
> Proposing to the Board that we use seed money from POCA to purchase not only some big ticket
> prizes ( TV, Blu-ray player and maybe a trip to harbor freight for useful tools gauges, etc. that we all could use) but
> maybe some other items of interest like gift cards ( of real value) or even plane tickets???
>
> Who knows, it is all on the table and I am asking for all of you to give me some input with your ideas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Burnett
> VP POCA

   considerable room for improvement. And even though

   use the links above.

   use the links above.