[DeTomaso] POCA Membership Dues Analysis

Rod Kunishige rkunishige at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 14:53:45 EDT 2016

It is interesting that this President changed a generous
grace period without notice.

The so-called "shortfall" is created in part by the $10 increased
rebate to the chapters that was NOT requested in the first place.  The return
of this sum places the club at nearly breakeven.  Simply, use the money to
pay for our publication costs.

PROPOSED:  $75 dues
less $15 to chapters yields $60 to fund the $62.52 publication estimate – per
MS.

Our $100,000 reserve would easily fund the $2.52 per year.  Carrying 853
members at $2.52 is $2,149.56 per year.  Divide that into 100,000 means
funding covers 46.5 YEARS.

OPINION:

I do recognize that Mr. Shortt controls the Board by a 5 to
4 vote but there I think that this is a better solution than what MS has
proposed.  Finally, kudos goes to him
for at least publishing the actions he intends to take so we may make positive
suggestions for improvement.

(Information taken from the President’s Blog.)