[DeTomaso] Factory deck lid shock mounts And bumpers

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Tue May 24 14:03:13 EDT 2016

I bought a nice pair of brackets from Bob at http://www.precisionproformance.com/colorcatalog.php
IndyDave

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Mendez [mailto:edducati at mac.com]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 5:50 PM
To: DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Factory deck lid shock mounts And bumpers

Can someone please send me either schematics or blueprints or pictures of the factory decklid mounts for a 1972 serial number 3072. Engine bay side? They are either welded on top of the engine bay (early) or welded and braced from underneath (later).

My car is in the body shop and the factory location for the deck lid shocks were missing jerry rigged and non stock. Here's a picture from serial number 36xx blue car, and then from a push button black car. When did the factory change over to the new style of mounting location?

My other car 2152 has the early style as pictured. The candy apple car.

Also, need the factory locations for the rubber bumper on each side on top of the tail light housings.

Thanks Ed