[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: State of POCA address

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 22 23:14:49 EDT 2016

-------- Original message --------
From: marshallgsmith <marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net>
Date: 05/22/2016  7:46 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: "Joseph F. Byrd, Jr." <byrdjf at embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] State of POCA address

Hey Joe,
Unfortunately your renewal comes at a time when we have recently elected a new president to the Pantera Owners Club of America. This man promises to bring POCA into the 21st century, an issue that is very badly needed, with a new website, multiple Fun Rallys, more transparency with club finances and decision-making and many other improvements to an aging and stubbornboard of directors. This man has a good track record and impressive credentials and leads many of us to believe he can and will do what he says. Unfortunately, he has the polish and manners of Donald Trump and that has rubbed many the wrong way.
One new issue pertains exactly to your email which is an attempt to relocate the criticism and sourness so rampant on this forum by members instrumental in the growth and health of POCA to another area where new and returning members aren't so badly jaded by what they read on this forum.
As a member of this organization for longer than 30 years, I will tell you there is no better source of information on the car nor a better group of friends that you will meet than in POCA. If you own a De Tomaso, you simply must be a member of POCA as the help and information you will receive from its members is endless.
I would ask you at this time to renew and enjoy your membership. I would also ask that you don't get caught up or damaged by these growing pains that our organization is experiencing at this time. It WILL be resolved in the near future and will leave POCA stronger than ever.
I hope that you stay with us Joe. If there is anything that you need or information that would be helpful to you, please don't hesitate to plug into this forum or email me personally.Collectively, we are a wealth of knowledge that will make your DeTomaso ownership much easier and richer!
Marshall Smith President, San Diego Panteras