[DeTomaso] Air Conditioning re-visit

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat May 21 15:45:59 EDT 2016

FWIW, I think there is a new refrigerant used in Europe, but the real problem is, as usual none are compatible with the reclaiming systems that U.S shops are forced to use by the DOT. Most AC shops now have two- one for R-12 and a different one for r-134a. A third system would be too much expense and complication. Neither U.S system will handle Freeze-12 or the several propane based refrigerants, for instance so people who bought into those now cannot get their systems serviced at most shops. They all cross-contaminate each other. I think the lube-oils are incompatible, too.

Or so I'm told. Sorry- J Deryke