[DeTomaso] FW: We want your opinion

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:33:36 EDT 2016

Hi Guys,

I started to fill out the POCA Direction Survey, but I can¹t.

Some of the questions are fine, and need to be asked.  But some are designed
to support one viewpoint over another.

For example:

1.  I fully support the direction the club is headed in under the new
President and the progressive  BOD members who support moving the club
forward.
O  Absolutely, the change was long over due.  I can already see the
difference.
O  Not at all, please stop improving things and leave it alone.

The responses can be interpreted thusly:
A.  Rock on, you are awesome, and everyone else is an idiot.
B.  I¹m stupid, and I like it that way.

Seriously?

How about?
C.  I support the direction the club is headed, but the President is
alienating too many members and needs to tone down his message.
D.  Why not have a free form text field and let the members write what they
want?  It¹s not like we have billions of members and can¹t sort through
their responses.

Will.