[DeTomaso] Which axles on which side?

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 20 14:32:16 EDT 2016

You guys are awesome.  Fun facts indeed.

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com>> on behalf of Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com<mailto:julian_kift at hotmail.com>>
Date: Friday, May 20, 2016 11:01 AM
To: Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com<mailto:larrys at panteraparts.com>>, Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com<mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com>>, "detomaso at detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at detomasolist.com>" <detomaso at detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at detomasolist.com>>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Which axles on which side?

Mike,

Think of it as wanting the nut self tightening when the axle is in it's normal (forward) plane of motion. As the axle nut is on the inside edge of the wheel on the Pantera the left side is left hand thread, this is opposite to what you would find on a wheel center lock spinner where the left wheel is right hand thread.

Sinestro is derived from the latin 'sinister' or 'evil' as left handed was considered to be touched by the Devil, Destra comes from 'correct' or 'proper'.

Julian