[DeTomaso] Microsoft is sneaking the Windows 10 update onto PCs

marshall smith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 20 13:02:23 EDT 2016

So THAT'S why I get a pop-up everyday offering to download Windows 10 for free!!!
Thanks for the info...all of you!

Marshall

 Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Microsoft is sneaking the Windows 10 update onto PCs
 To: "Ken Green" <kenn_green at yahoo.com>, "detomaso at server.detomasolist.com" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
 Date: Friday, May 20, 2016, 9:48 AM

 Thanks for the heads up
 Ken, All of our company clients computer in our
 network system just started updating too. We
 are a Manufacturing company
 that uses serial
 communications to all our machines that windows 10 don¹t
 offer proper serial communications anymore
 since Microsoft figures that
 nobody uses
 serial communications, so why offer it. We are stuck with
 Widows 7 apparently. I got my son a lap top for
 his racing data logger
 that automatically
 upgraded to windows 10 last year and he lost
 everything. I had to buy a second laptop with
 the old Windows program for
 him to use and
 trash the first one. Maybe Microsoft needs to give us a
 choice before giving us all this new technology
 for free. This is going to
 screw up
 manufactures all over the country today.
 Larry

 On
 5/20/16, 8:59 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Ken Green via
 DeTomaso"
 <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com
 on behalf of
 detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
 wrote:

 >   I stepped away from my desk
 for a minute, and when I came back, my PC
 >   was installing Windows 10.
 I did not select the update because some
 >   expensive software I have may
 not run under Windows 10.
 >   If you don't want this to
 happen, you have to change the setting in
 >   Widows Update to allow you to
 chose to install updates.
 >   Ken
 >
 >To manage your
 subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
 use
 >the links above.

 Detomaso Forum NO LONGER
 Managed by POCA