[DeTomaso] HIllclimbs

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 15:58:03 EDT 2016

My early autocross mentor was a real crazy guy that
ran what we call flat out all the time... He ran the now
gone Hillclimb circuit in Norcal, Oregon and Washington state

He was at one event where you were going about 120 over a rise
and all you could see out your window was sky... there was a 1000 foot
drop off on one side so very scary (Mike Marsh never got scared:)
Mike was trying to make the run without lifting at that one point
so on his last run he said no lift... after the run his buddies asked
him if he lifted and he said no.. they all called foul as they heard him
blip the throttle and everyone started laughing

Not for the faint of heart but it really gets the adrenaline going for me
Miss that guy as he always pushed you to go beyond your limit and
actually find that limit

Bob Benson