[DeTomaso] Detomaso 911 Directory #3

Paul Rimov rimovp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:05:11 EDT 2016

Good Morning; I think the DeTomaso 911 is a good idea. I have always taken my Member Directory with me any time I have traveled with the car.  Although I no longer have a Pantera I have stayed active with this forum since it's inception and POCA for the past 18 years. My garage is still pretty well equipped but I do not have any spare wheels or tires and I was thinking if some one wanted to send me a 7 and 8 campy with good tires I could care for them in the event some one needed them but on the other hand we have lots of tire shops in Medford so getting an replacement might not be that big of a deal.

-------------- next part --------------
[...]

   a, You can't get help unless you're willing to offer help.a

   Let's say that you are traveling down I-95. the PCH or even going cross
   country on I-40

   and your rear tire shreds. While AAA might be your first instinct, do
   you really think

   anybody is going to have a 335-35-17 P-aZero handy at 5 pm on aa
   aFriday afternoon
   or
   even know where to find onea
   ?

   Either whip out your smartphone or reach into your glovebox and pull
   out
   a a
   athea DeTomaso 9a11 Directory that you have printed out just in case.a

   Ita'as going to have those members listed nearest you
   ar current locationa
    who have agreed

   to help a fellow POCA member out in an emergency situation.

   We will ask for your name, email address, home, work and cell numbers
   and your address

   (which will never be published, the software simply plots your location
   as the center of

   your geographic
   aareaa
   ) plus the days/hours that you are available to render assistance.

   Your choices will be:

   1. 24/7
   2. Anytime except M-F 8a to 5p
   3. Weekends Only.

   If you are needed, a distressed POCA member may call you, you should be
   prepared to

   offera the followaing: A gas can, jumper cables, water, tools, perhaps
   a spare tire/wheel and

   or a working jack and lug wrench.
   aYou could also just be there to offer a ride to get supplies
   or allow them the use of your driveway to make repairs.

   It would also be helpful if you were had knowledge of the local area to
   recommend a

   hotel, restaurant, auto parts store, tire store, mechanic's shop or tow
   truck service.

   You are not expected to solve all their issues. Simply help them get
   pointed in the

   right direction, remain safe, and provide moral support as needed.

   You need to be on the list, the next person saved...could be you.

   Please send an email to [1]Detomaso911 at gmail.com and we will send the
   PDF  registration

   form back to you.
   aInstructions on what to do next will be on the PDF form.a
   aRob Dumoaulin from Southeast Panteras will be the brains behind this
   effort, we greatly appreciate
   ahis contribution to POCA.a

   Thank you,

   Michael Shortt