[DeTomaso] Coil wire sparking to a rubber heater hose!

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Mar 28 23:34:14 EDT 2016

I remember when diagnosing such a thing was as easy as hearing the arc
screw up your AM radio playing Ted Nugent. Makes you want to fix it real
quick like back then.

In college, I drove a 240z with points that would lose ignition at the most
inconvenient times. One evening on a date it left me stranded taking a
short cut through Tallahassee's French town at 1 AM.  That was probably the
worst place to break down in Tally. I had the date turn over the engine
with the cap off to see if the points were sparking. Come to find there was
a wire going to the points that was arcing. Moved the wire, got the hell
out of there, and permanently fixed that issue the next day. I guess other
thing can motivate equally.