[DeTomaso] Coil wire sparking to a rubber heater hose!

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 15:47:26 EDT 2016

No, you can see in the video everything was seated properly. There was just enough of a gap between the ID of the rubber boot and the OD of the wire that the spark was finding its way past.

It's now very isolated--nothing within several inches in all directions. It was simple to disconnect and reroute the heater hoses which had the secondary benefit of making the cutoff valves much easier to access from above.