[DeTomaso] Heatig problem

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 28 13:57:48 EDT 2016

That is exactly what I did. Part of my renovation while having the engine out and being
upgraded.  All new stainless, etc.

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
InSight Sequence Team Lead
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at poca.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at poca.com>> on behalf of Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net<mailto:cengles at cox.net>>
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:48 AM
To: 'Freddy Henningsen' <fredhen at online.no<mailto:fredhen at online.no>>, "detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>" <detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Heatig problem

Dear Freddy,

              I have heard of this problem.  I suspect that your diagnosis
is correct that the center console tubes are rusted and leaking.  I have not
had to repair this, but I friend bought a car with the same problem and a
condition of purchase was to fix that problem.  The seller did comply and I
*think* that he had to remove a substantial amount of the interior and the
drivetrain to complete the job from what he said.

             I have heard of owners that simply ran new hoses and
permanently disconnected the rusty ones.  The advantage is simplicity.  I do
not know of any disadvantages.

                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles