[DeTomaso] POCA email list

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Mar 28 07:56:18 EDT 2016

Ed,

Thanks for being  a champion of the greater good. Shame we have to do it
but I would guess quite a few of us simply block some people hoping silence
would make the other voices in my head quieter. That is not the answer and
it still fails to block replies to posts. I've been guilty of venting
frustration an suggesting a cease and desist of some blather that I may be
on the blocked list of some too.  It seems best if there were some clear
guidelines and we simply self-govern.  Moderating makes sense if rock solid
guidelines are in place, but it's email.  You can't just cancel it once it
goes out like taking a post down off an online forum.

Emails and any other fast-written media can become possibly the worst type
of human interaction there is. Not only are some thoughts not formed
precisely as intended, but spell-checking word substitution and the
multitude of inflections applied to simple terse statements is near
infinite.  I suggest everybody, except Larry from Ohio (we need his
non-full attention for our enjoyment), draft emails that may even hint of
controversy and wait an hour before sending. Reread, make sure no false
impressions can be garnered, and don't be afraid to delete it rather than
send it.

To all non-POCA owner out there, I ask you to help support Michael and grow
this club in an exciting new direction.  Join for a year and then make the
call if you think being a member of this elite club that does not act like
an "elite" club is worth the dues. With the changes occurring, I feel the
value of the Marque and club membership will soon outpace the cost of the
dues.

Just my few cents.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Ed Mendez <edducati at mac.com> wrote:

> I heard from a fewPantera owner friends of mine today, they have been
> thinking about joining POCA, but they are not sure because they are members
> of the email forum and they say because of the infighting going on. They're
> just not sure. They think Michael is doing a great job for the club, but
> some of the people on the forum are being so childish and undermining on
> the things that he is trying to do. This is just what they told me and I
> wanted to pass it on. My opinion that the email forum does a lot of good
> when people stay on message and it has to do with the DeTomaso for which it
> was intended. But when people start nitpicking and bitching about the club;
> that makes us all look bad and the email list becomes a poison for the
> club. This email list goes out to over 1100 people. I think it's time that
> it is moderated, either that or we take it away. As I understand the new
> website will have a forum for members only, so the problem just may fix
> itself. Again this is just a message that I am relaying.
>
> Ed
>
> Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
> the links above.

-------------- next part --------------
   Ed,
   Thanks for being A a champion of the greater good. Shame we have to do
   it but I would guess quite a few of us simply block some people hoping
   silence would make the other voices in my head quieter. That is not the
   answer and it still fails to block replies to posts. I've been guilty
   of venting frustration an suggesting a cease and desist of some blather
   that I may be on the blocked list of some too.A  It seems best if there
   were some clear guidelines and we simply self-govern.A  Moderating
   makes sense if rock solid guidelines are in place, but it's email.A
   You can't just cancel it once it goes out like taking a post down off
   an online forum.
   Emails and any other fast-written media can become possibly the worst
   type of human interaction there is. Not only are some thoughts not
   formed precisely as intended, but spell-checking word substitution and
   the multitude of inflections applied to simple terse statements is near
   infinite.A  I suggest everybody, except Larry from Ohio (we need his
   non-full attention for our enjoyment), draft emails that may even hint
   of controversy and wait an hour before sending. Reread, make sure no
   false impressions can be garnered, and don't be afraid to delete it
   rather than send it.
   To all non-POCA owner out there, I ask you to help support Michael and
   grow this club in an exciting new direction.A  Join for a year and then
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Ed Mendez <[4]edducati at mac.com>
[...]