[DeTomaso] Heatig problem

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 14:48:00 EDT 2016

Dear Freddy,

              I have heard of this problem.  I suspect that your diagnosis
is correct that the center console tubes are rusted and leaking.  I have not
had to repair this, but I friend bought a car with the same problem and a
condition of purchase was to fix that problem.  The seller did comply and I
*think* that he had to remove a substantial amount of the interior and the
drivetrain to complete the job from what he said.

             I have heard of owners that simply ran new hoses and
permanently disconnected the rusty ones.  The advantage is simplicity.  I do
not know of any disadvantages.

                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles