[DeTomaso] Rear Window

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Tue Mar 22 20:02:15 EDT 2016

The rear mounted A/C condenser makes a lot of sense. The Condenser is
twice the size it needs to be to compensate for the low air flow it gets.
It doesn¹t act as a heat sink to the radiator. You know when you go
shopping with your wife and you get into a hot locked up car at the mall
and it is just stifling hot, you turn on the A/C full blast and all you
get is hot air. You continue getting nothing but hot air the whole time
your sitting in traffic trying to get out of the parking lots and still
blasting hot air. It finally starts to cool down after you start moving
and pushing some cool air thru that condenser that is blocking the
radiator and soaking up all the radiator heat into the A/C system.

The Pantera gets cold right away because the Condenser is not attached to
the radiator, the electric fan turns right on and cools the charge NOW,
not after your moving. That is why you want to keep the condenser in the
rear separated from and not blocking the radiator. Think about it.

Larry Stock

On 3/22/16, 4:07 PM, "detomaso-bounces at poca.com on behalf of
jgkrenton at comcast.net" <detomaso-bounces at poca.com on behalf of