[DeTomaso] Rear Window

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:52:03 EDT 2016

Or do like others and have one fore AND aft.

Michael Shortt

-------------- next part --------------
   Or do like others and have one fore AND aft.

   Michael Shortt

   On Mar 22, 2016 7:11 PM, <[1]jgkrenton at comcast.net> wrote:

     A  A You could always move the condenser to the front of the car
     like many
     A  A have done.A  I believe this modification is reported to be
     quite
     A  A effective.
     A  A Jeff Kimball/2467
     A  A
     A __________________________________________________________________
     A  A From: "Stephen" <[2]steve at snclocks.com>
     A  A To: "Jeff Detrich" <[3]jjdetrich at gmail.com>
     A  A Cc: [4]detomaso at poca.com
     A  A Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:54:02 PM
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Rear Window
     A  A You are right Jeff a especially because the fan powers from a
     wire on
     A  A the dash-mounted temperature control that is separate from the
     wire
     A  A that powers the a/c compressor clutch.
     A  A Stephen Nelson
     A  A SNClocks.com <[5]http://www.snclocks.com/>
     A  A Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact Lists
     A  A <[6]http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>
     A  A Click here for our new
     A <[7]http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/A
     bout-Ste
     A  A ves-Dulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered
     Dulcimers
     A  A galleries
     A  A Click here for my new blog <[8]http://www.perfectoldman.com/>A
     on finding
     A  A happiness in retirement
     A  A From: Jeff Detrich [mailto:[9]jjdetrich at gmail.com]
     A  A Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:10 PM
     A  A To: Stephen <[10]steve at snclocks.com>
     A  A Cc: [11]detomaso at poca.com; [12]tjaarda at astranet.it
     A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Rear Window
     A  A On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Stephen
     <[13]steve at snclocks.com
     A  A <mailto:[14]steve at snclocks.com> > wrote:
     A  A  The positive pressure under the rear of the car when it is
     moving at
     A  A  A  speed, coupled with the likely vacuum behind the car
     reduces the
     A  A  A  efficiency of the a/c condenser fan.A  My tests suggest
     that around
     A  A 60
     A  A  A  mph the air-flow through the condenser is reduced by about
     40%.A  At
     A  A  A  around 80 mph it is reduced by over 50%.A  While I don't
     have a
     A  A massive
     A  A  A  amount of data, what I have suggests that the decrease in
     flow
     A  A through
     A  A  A  the condenser is not directly proportional to car speed,
     and that,
     A  A in
     A  A  A  the 90 to 100 mph range the flow through the a/c condenser
     drops to
     A  A  A  around nothing.
     A  A Sounds like if you are going to be cruising at very high
     speeds, just
     A  A having a kill switch on the condenser fans would be helpful.
     That would
     A  A be easy to wire I would think.
     A  A Jeff
     A  A Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [15]DeTomaso at poca.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     etc.) use the links above.