[DeTomaso] '71 Front Bumper measurement.

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Mar 22 17:06:55 EDT 2016

Bought new twin chrome front bumpers that had never been on a car and had
my entire body repainted. Come to find out new front bumpers mount
differently from old ones. Old were adjustable and apparently mounted at
the lowest possible adjustment location. New are fixed and in the old mount
holes places them on the opposite extreme such that the indent for the
light will not align.

I need to drill new holes.

Can somebody with a 71 measure the distance of the inboard and outboard
corners of the bumper tops to the top of the fender please? I don't want
the measurement of the holes, but the top of the bumpers in relation to the
fender tops.  I do not want to drill twice. I will probably have to get the
old holes filled and repainted.