[DeTomaso] Rear Window continued

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 16:30:10 EDT 2016

Stephen,

I believe the airflow in the region of the A/C fan is basically stagnant. The fan is needed to ensure airflow across the condenser when the A/C is operating, and at higher speeds even that doesn't seem to be able to overcome the still air bubble. It's not uncommon for temps and pressures to spike when running for awhile at triple digit speeds, resulting in a blown hose.

I don't know what impact the trunk liner has, but would guess that performance is affected by it.

There's a reason every other car in the world puts the A/C condenser in the front. :)

Mike

Sent from my iPhone