[DeTomaso] Old Website and Old Email Forum

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Fri Mar 18 12:40:36 EDT 2016

My training comes from a retired railroad watch inspector, the folks who used to keep the trains on time.  His focus was on techniques that are now used only on top-end Swiss timepieces – in fact, a Swiss certified instructor sat through one of my educational lectures and told me that he would change nothing in my approach to restoring clock pivots.

My horological writing focuses on making repair folks aware of the techniques that were much more common-place back in the late 1800’s.  Thing is, the clocks I restore and sell were made by clock-makers taught by Swiss-trained watchmakers.  Hence prices for some of my nicer pieces that are comparable to a good to great condition Pantera.

So, yes, trained to do watch restorations, but don’t - the return from my clock business is way too good to allow me to do watch work, which really doesn’t price out all that high.

Attached is a shot of the clock workshop – hard to see, but includes 3 watchmakers lathes, a couple of watchmakers milling machines and lots of microscopes.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here for our new  <http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-Dulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding happiness in retirement