[DeTomaso] Old Website and Old Email Forum

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:07:05 EDT 2016

​You gentlemen are entitled to your opinion​.

Meanwhile, everybody else seems to like the direction that the club is
taking

and if it takes leadership with a purpose to accomplish more progress, I
intend on delivering it.

The BOD meetings are for business purposes, perhaps your professional
meeting experience is limited,

there is no time for cross talk, beating a subject to death or telling
stories about the old days.

My goal remains to go through the loaded agenda as fast as I can, listen to
everybody who needs to speak

while restoring a business like atmosphere to the proceedings.

Since this BOD has taken office, we have accomplished more in 3 months than
the last few

BODs have done collectively in years.

There are no more rumors of financial fraud, no rumors of any kind.

Bob Reid has done a superb job and I have the third paty CPA verification
to prove it.

For the first time is years and years, there were financials printed in the
newsletter.

We have not only had actual monthly BOD meetings, we invite others to
listen and to even listen to a recording.

I have personally made it a point to have monthly telephone calls with
Chapter Presidents, in fact, on Wednesday
night, I had to do it twice for two different groups, that made 4 four
Cleveland Block meetings this year, 3 BOD meetings
and March isn't even open.

Ther newsletter is going digital, we will soon use those savings to make
the new website

much, much better once the bugs are worked out on the back end features,

The public portion worked perfectly in our one day test of the new website.

Strange that neither of you has volunteered to do ANYTHING.

I put in 10-20 hours a week on POCA business, just like now, responding to
your hate mail.

I have received no less than 30 emails telling me how much better people
like what is happening.

I am very proud of this BOD, despite our rough start, we are making
progress,

we are growing the club each and every month, Judy gleefully tells us each
month how many new members we have.

The Bylaws are being reviewed, the newsletter and profiles look better than
ever and are being produced and produced on time.

We have excellent minutes of our meeting, advertising will soon start to
add to the coffers and allow even more improvements.

The 2016 Fun Rally has effective new leadership and they have a plan in
place, thus far, it appears that attendance will be

at a record level in both people and cars.

John Buckman and Mike Burnnett provide invaulable guidance to me.

We are bringing in entire new model groups as new chapters and expanding
the club all over the world with Intl Chapters.

If you are unhappy with my leadership, please run against me at the next
opportunity,

meanwhile, if you want to criticize from out in the field, please do, but
know that your opinion's worth

has direct coorleation to your contributions to making things better.  What
have you done lately?

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

   aYou gentlemen are entitled to your opiniona.
   Meanwhile, everybody else seems to like the direction that the club is
   taking
   and if it takes leadership with a purpose to accomplish more progress,
   I intend on delivering it.
   The BOD meetings are for business purposes, perhaps your professional
   meeting experience is limited,
   there is no time for cross talk, beating a subject to death or telling
   stories about the old days.
   My goal remains to go through the loaded agenda as fast as I can,
   listen to everybody who needs to speak
   while restoring a business like atmosphere to the proceedings.
   Since this BOD has taken office, we have accomplished more in 3 months
   than the last fewA
[...]
   has direct coorleation to your contributions to making things better.A
   What have you done lately?
   Michael Shortt

     Dear Scott:A  A Well said, sir.A  A Warmest regards,A  Chuck Engles