[DeTomaso] Dash vent slats

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 03:44:39 EST 2016

Ehose things are two piece plastic, made up of a sort-of hollow square housing and a movable-in-two-planes collection of slots. The assembly has a couple of steel spring-pads that hold it in place. It simply pulls out of the dash. Someone once said some(?) year of Thunderbird had the same part, but I suspect you'll do better with the vendors who stock them. Behind it inside the dash are square 'doughnuts of closed-cell foam that guide air from the heater.AC condenser to the vent in spite of a horrible position mismatch. They are often disintegrated but replace by just stuffing then thru the opening.
Good luck- J Deryke

The center slat on my passenger side dash vent is missing. It controls opening and closing the vent. Can I get just the center slat or do I need the whole assembly? If so, is the whole assembly easy to remove? Please email me. Thanks, Fred

   use the links above.