[DeTomaso] new radiator and fans????

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 23:17:53 EST 2016

You're right, if you don't need better cooling, why throw the $s at it.
You might look at the Stewart Components tech tips on radiators:
http://stewartcomponents.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=13
some interesting incite on radiator design.
I picked up a couple Ron Davis super speed way radiators maybe 10 years ago.  The are big single pass and about 6 inches thick.  I passed one to Dennis (Mad Dawg) and kept one. Dennis has been running it for maybe 10 years, and the last I heard it is by far the best radiator he has ever had, both on the street, and open road racing.  The funny thing is that when I called the Ron Davis tech line they didn't recommend it for the street and said it was made for a 200 MPH racing and wouldn't work well on the street (too thick).  It seems like the Stewart article was correct and the thickness has a small affect.
I talked to the people at Evans Coolant and they had worked with a Pantera race car.  They said that when they used a higher capacity pump they experienced cavitation at higher RPM because there was so much resistance to flow in a Pantera.  The cavitation is really bad because bubbles in the coolant reduce heat transfer.  Because of that, and the Stewart article, I think a large single pass radiator is a good solution for a Pantera if you run a high performance pump at higher RPM (I'm not sure what that RPM is).
Ken