[DeTomaso] new radiator and fans????

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 17:56:45 EST 2016

All,

I am starting from scratch on a cooling system for 2511.

I have no fans and no radiator. That leaves all options on the table. In the scheme of things, all choices will be about the same money, so I have no real financial constraints.

I had a Quella/Ron Davis triple-pass and Hall’s Mirriah pusher fans. The combo worked fine.

Hood has no vents and I will not be adding them.

I currently have a rear-mounted AC condenser and do not intend to move it to a forward position.

I will likely lay the new radiator down a little bit to allow my Kirk Evans fiberglass upper shroud to be installed. That project got put on the back burner due to interference with the taller aftermarket Quella radiator.

I am leaning towards a shrouded sucker fan layout. Something akin to Jack DeRyke’s version, where he added a 1” spacer strip to move the fans further from the radiator core, instead of right next to the core.

Aluminum or brass are both on the table.

I am asking for the Family’s collective wisdom:

Knowing what you know, with no limitations, what would your choices be?

Thanks,

Larry