[DeTomaso] Heater Vent Registers

B. SEIB oldwheel at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 22:18:31 EDT 2016

How about these from a Lincoln Town car?

http://tinyurl.com/hnrgufj

Barry

The plastic tabs are broken on at least 2 of the vents, so I will just
replace all 3. I found images of Thunderbirds with the vents, but cannot
find the actual parts anywhere.

I may check with 1 of the Pantera vendors later this summer after I
transport the car down here.

It's no rush, sometimes I just like the hunt

Roydon

On 6/30/2016 5:46 PM, James coyne wrote:
>     Roydon , If your only issue with your vents is that they are loose and
>     fall out , I was able to fix that issue on a set I have by sliding a
>     thin piece of metal ( or plastic , I forget which ) behind the plastic
>     tabs that they swivel on help them engage the outer housing deeper and
>     more securely . Caution is advised however since the tabs could
>     conceivably be snapped off if they are bent out too far out . - Also
>     keeping a stiff upper lip , :)  , Jim Coyne
>     > From: grayjim at cox.net
>     > To: cengles at cox.net; mycars at comcast.net;
>     detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>     > Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 19:34:20 -0500
>     > Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Heater Vent Registers
>     >
>     > But one big problem: You can get the little grills that direct the
>     air but
>     > you CANNOT find the housing, either the late plastic or the early
>     > vinyl-wrapped metal ones to hold the little grills in place in the
>     dash. If
>     > any one knows of a source I may be a customer. Vendors don't have
>     them.
>     >
>     > Jim Gray
>     >
On

-------------- next part --------------

   [4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   > Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 19:34:20 -0500
   > Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Heater Vent Registers
   >
   > But one big problem: You can get the little grills that direct the
   air but
   > you CANNOT find the housing, either the late plastic or the early
   > vinyl-wrapped metal ones to hold the little grills in place in the
   dash. If
   > any one knows of a source I may be a customer. Vendors don't have
   them.

   > Jim Gray

On
   Behalf
   > Of MyCars
   > Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:37 PM
   > To: [7]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   > Subject: [DeTomaso] Heater Vent Registers
   >
   > Hello,
   > Anyone know if the heater vent registers were used in other cars
   (ford or
   > italian). I need to get 3, mine always fall out when I apply the gas.
   >
   > Thanks
   > Roydon
   use