[DeTomaso] Insulation material?

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Thu Jun 30 09:57:48 EDT 2016

71 Pantera well worn 377 twin turbo motor.

After a short trip yesterday I noticed one of my turbos was leaking
oil.  A small amount on the input (pressure) side.  A quick tightening
and it was fine.  I did notice a small paint bubble on the deck directly
above the turbo.  There is about 2 inches clearance about the turbos but
the deck was really hot to the touch.

Question.  I am looking for a product that can be applied (as a sheet or
thin blanket) to the underside of the deck above the turbo.  I have some
chromed sheet metal shields that I may be able to fit to the turbos but
would like the real protection of an insulator.

Thanks in advance to the "collective",

jerry knotts