[DeTomaso] Overheating and fan directional theories

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Jun 28 16:54:31 EDT 2016

So, when installing the Fluidyne radiator in my Pantera, I decided to
mount the radiator in a slightly tilted forward position and mount the
fans on the back instead of the front.

This was going to work well except the twin fan assembly I had didn't
have the proper vane curve on the fan blades to work from a puller
direction.  What I had to do was buy new fan blades and swap them out.
  You can see some of that on these pages, mid-way down:

http://teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2469

It all worked out well in the end and I never had any overheating
issues.  Some folks have just as good operation with rear facing
pusher fans mounted to the front of the radiator.  Either way should
work fine but you'll want to make sure the curve of the blades is
proper for the direction the fans will turn, otherwise they won't push
or pull as much air.

Asa  Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home