[DeTomaso] Oil Temperatures or Clocks :) NPC

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 27 15:31:10 EDT 2016

NPC

You might be surprised that we typically carry a sundial on every Mars lander.  Yes, we
can calculate LMST (Local Mean Solar Time) down to the 14 decimal place. But the old
fashioned sundial is a good verification. Like the Pantera, sometimes, simple is better. ;-)

http://www.universetoday.com/96930/curiositys-sundial-carries-a-message-of-hope/

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory