[DeTomaso] POCA

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:55:52 EDT 2016

IMHO there have been some good changes in POCA recently (and membership
seems to be going up) but they seem to be overshadowed by the manner in
which they have been implemented, administered and communicated. Let's not
make the assumption that Mr. Shortt is the club. He was elected by the club
members and those same club members can run someone else against him in the
next election cycle. And let's not wax nostalgic about the good old days.
There were board problems back then, too, just not so visible.

As for me, I quit in protest a year ago. I've been a member off and on over
the 40 years I've had a Pantera. With the Internet, there is no longer a
compelling reason to be a member like there was in the old days. The people
on this email list are back and that's what's important to me. Having said
that, however, I'll probably rejoin now that we have a $50 membership
option. And then I can vote, too!

Jeff
6559

-------------- next part --------------
[...]

     leader.A  There have been a number of times that MS has responded to
     posts I
     put out on there on the previous forum in a way that made me wonder
     why I
     bothered to post at all.A  It took me a while to distinguish between
     the
     several Mikes that posted on the previous forum - it was the short
     one that
     I figured out first - and I quit reading his responses.A  Especially
     when I
     realized that he really doesn't know it all, and that his technical
     guidance
     was flawed as often as it was correct.
     I know that the short is doing his best to put together his idea of
     a better
     POCA site.A  And I know it will offer a lot.A  No doubt.A  NTL, his
     amazing
     ability to piss folks off with his truly marginal interpersonal
     skills is
     well known, and totally inappropriate for a person in his position.
     A POCA is not this forum - and, well, vice versa.A  3 years ago,
     when my wife
     and I bought 5332, I likely would have put up with the shorts crap
     to get
     what we needed - as I did in the past.A  Today - well, 5332 is a
     dream to
     drive, and I have this forum.A  Tell me again what POCA does for me
     - other
     than to remind me that some folk make terrible leaders?
     Stephen Nelson
     1) You can't do much about family, love it or hate it.
     2) If you have an issue with a colleague, step away, if it is with
     management, get a new job
     3) If you have an issue with the current leadership in a club you
     pay to be
     part of, then quitting, even temporarily, would at least send a
     fairly
     strong message that something is wrong, or else the club may not be
     for you
     anymore.
     As I've said before, I will likely not renew my POCA membership when
     it is
     due, and if I were ten years younger I would also get a new job.
     Life's too short to having to deal with a*holes.
     Thomas
     Den 2016-06-08 kl. 08:48, skrev Ed Mendez:
     > Quitting is only going to hurt the club and the people in it who
     love you.
     We are all family here. Quit because of one person you don't agree
     with?
     Quit because of a family member you don't get along with? If we all
     did that
     none of us would be working in our day jobs, or have a family at
     all.

     > I assume punch my brother in the face, but he is still my brother
     and that
     would really piss off my mom.

     > Just saying.
     >
     > Better that maybe we all just step away from the computer screen
     for a
     while, there's a whole big world out there.

     > Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
     >
     >> On 8/06/2016, at 17:14, Stephen <[4]steve at snclocks.com> wrote:
     >>
     >> Dear GoNancy Haney - I can readily understand your letting go of
     your
     >> POCA membership - right now the leadership is proving to be just
     >> plain polarizing.A  Just don't let go of this forum!A  And, one
     day,
     >> when hoof in mouth is not so rampant you can perhaps rejoin.
     >>
     >> Stephen Nelson

   How
   >> do you like that?A  Makes him sound like a second class citizen.
   >>
   >> It's been a great 25 years,
   >> GoNancy Haney
   >>
   >> P.S.A  I listened in on the last BOD meeting last week and it was
   all
   >> I could do to keep my mouth shut. A monumental effort on my part. I
   >> could not believe my ears sometimes at what MS was saying. He is a
   real
   piece of work.

   >> Nextiva vFAX
   >> Why Do You Still Have An Old Fax Machine?

     [8]http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5757934166446134075b2st0
     3vuc