[DeTomaso] DO NOT Download files from emails from FedEx, DHL etc regading deliveries!!!!!

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 21 22:03:57 EDT 2016

Good advice!

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their not after you!"

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com>> on behalf of Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net<mailto:rob at dumoulins.net>>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:55 PM
To: Pantera - Dave <dave at damardirect.com<mailto:dave at damardirect.com>>
Cc: "detomaso at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>, Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com<mailto:kenn_green at yahoo.com>>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] DO NOT Download files from emails from FedEx, DHL etc regading deliveries!!!!!

A word of advice to anybody with a computer or a few. Treat the computer as
a disposable device. Have a storage area network (SAN) device with RAID 1
or 5 redundancy. I have a 6 terabyte cloud an a 2 terabyte on a private
network, but most non IT folks probably could suffice with much less. Any
software you install on any computer on your network should have full
install backups on the SAN along with a text file of the license keys. Any
documents, working files, backups, data, etc goes to the SAN, not the
computer itself. Things that are static (meaning they are archives that
will never change) set to read-only and create a redundant backup on a
cheap portable hard drive encryped and kept in a car or safety deposit box
off site. That includes financial stuff, pictures, music, and wrk stuff. If
a computer gets hijacked or fails, you lose nothing.

If my house were to get blown away by a hurricane, I would be able to
recover every client, intelectual property, picture, mp3, and data I have
ever saved witin hours of buying a new laptop.

Paranoia is good and the geeks shall inherit the earth!