[DeTomaso] High Torque Mini Starters - Need a Recommendation

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Tue Jun 21 13:05:12 EDT 2016

The earlier 351C 4V blocks typically did not have 4 bolt mains. Many could
be retrofitted by drilling and tapping the bosses that were cast in place
but not drilled and taped, but I think the early 2V engines did not even
have the cast bosses but the later 2V engines had the cast Bosses but not
the 4 bolt Caps. So I know there were running block casting changes. The
Cleveland facility was state of the art at the time, and that is why the
Australian Blocks were cast heavier because the Aussie¹s could not hold
the precision in casting that the Cleveland folks did. Cleveland folks
cast them pretty thin walled and light, which is why core shift is such an
issue. I don¹t know if anyone is on the list that could comment as to what
and when those casting changes went into effect?
Larry

On 6/21/16, 9:20 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Daniel C Jones"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of