[DeTomaso] News from Laurie

shawkins777 at comcast.net shawkins777 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 07:46:05 EDT 2016

Congratulations Laurie.

Steve

----- Original Message -----

From: "Laurie Ferrari via DeTomaso" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:58:29 AM
Subject: [DeTomaso] News from Laurie

Get ready! I am delighted to serve as the Interim Profiles Editor in light of Mike Haney's resignation. I am gearing up for interviews with new members, long time members, obtaining details of special cars personalities, projects, compiling auction and sales information, networking with people of interest, and calling on all Chapter Presidents for highlights of your news for a new Chapter Report Section of Profiles.

I regret that there has been unrest in the club of late and I aim to be positive and do my utmost to maintain professionalism. I know that decisions for the betterment of POCA have recently been entertained by the Board. One such issue is the choice of printer. Facts have been provided showing that we were offered an $8,000. yearly savings for an improved product from a new printer. For whatever reasoning, Jack DeRyke found this so unacceptable that he resigned even though urged not to do so. This is hard to fathom as it would seem that one's dedication to the Club for so many years would supersede personal interests, most especially when the majority of the Board has voted to try the new printer. This is unfortunate but decisions need to be made democratically and for the betterment of the entire membership. We have a great club made up of incredible people and a bright future ahead with our growing numbers and the many new benefits we are seeing.
I encourage you to be congenial and please contact me with your stories, experiences, upgrades, repairs, restorations, pictures; no information is too little. Let's all contribute to a fabulous Profiles issue for the last one of this year. You will find my contact information on the membership information page.

My warmest greetings to everyone!
Laurie

   Congratulations Laurie.
   Steve