[DeTomaso] Oil temperature

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Sun Jun 12 13:54:50 EDT 2016

Asa Jay,
I recommend oil/water because it is not speed related, keeps both temps more constant and
closer together, easier to place in, no real external possible problems, no airflow visual issues and lowers/removes the ability to have other problems like oil hose leakage, collisional oil hose actions, extra weight and space fitting problems, issues from hose rubbing noises, cabin temp increases, mounting problems and less aerodynamic drag.
Of course the radiator must be up to snuff to capture and release this additional heat.
    My research/design and mock up of a 10qt marine oil pan for my Mangusta, with one or two Laminova round heat exchangers installed fore to aft, which I have four of, will bung nut and copper washer seal or be brazed in against the pans side wing front and rear walls. Then the radiators return water pipe will flex hose connect to the coolers neck with then a hose and pipe configuration attaching the coolers output to the w/p lower suction hose intake.

I desire to do this and much more but I know that I CANNOT DO IT to this 4,600 mile car because of damaging its fine originality. So I will only dream, think and scheme.

I need to get another goose and put these idea and many others to work.
Any tired Mangusta out there that you would like to sell?

For those of you who may be bored or would enjoy a good read, I wrote an eleven page list of betterment modifications to every part of the car that I can send to you, yea right.
In this Mangusta overview we also used my electronic billet weight scales and weighed the car to find many written articles of weight and balance percentages to be wrong. My shop and I will be using this car in July to do body twist rigidity, weight transfer, center of gravity and off center axis weight center dry-wet-driverless-and driver test on a real word level so to establish an original Mangusta static and dynamic base line. We will not bolt down the body to find  X# lb per degree twist, that would be only important if massive internal body/frame or roll bar changes were to take place and if racing was an option.

Mike Drew said that if I were to apply these mods to my car that he would have me arrested, tried and hung for deTomasoMangustahomicide.

 Jeff Cobb