[DeTomaso] Mangusta on eBay

Joe Stockett qrtlow at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:04:03 EDT 2016

Except for this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4opCzhQi90

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM, <audionut at hushmail.com> wrote:

>    "...it would have been an incredible investment."
>

>    And that's about it.  Nobody is really tearing around the countryside
>    in their Mangusta anymore, if they ever did.  Lucky for us, the Pantera
>    is much better suited for driving the sh*t out of.
>

>    Still, to my eyeballs, the Mangusta is hands-down one of the
>    deadliest-looking sports cars ever built.  If I had $300K laying
>    around, I'd snap this one up in a heartbeat.
>

>    (rather have the twin headlight model though)
>

>    Even at $300K, I'd bet the 'goose is still going to be a sound
>    investment.  If the oddball Toyota 2000 GT can hit a million, by
>    Jeebus, the Mangusta can't be far behind.
>
>    Sent using Hushmail
>    On June 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM, "Scott Mead Photography"
>    <scott at scottmeadphotography.com> wrote:
>
>      Back in the early '80s, my dad had an opportunity to buy a '69
>      'Goose for (if memory serves) $8,500. He didn't pop for it, as a few
>      months earlier, he took the money set aside to buy new drapes for
>      the house and purchased a couple 10" Campis and a set of Goodyear
>      Blue Streaks to run at Riverside. With my mom still livid of having
>      to live with tattered window dressings, he erred on the side of
>      peace in the household (besides, buying the 'Goose would have meant
>      my mon's car would have to live outside the garage), and the car
>      went to another home. Had he (or any of us for that matter) bought
>      the car, it would have been an incredible investment. I need to get
>      working on a time machine!

-------------- next part --------------
   Except for this guy.
   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4opCzhQi90

   On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM, <[2]audionut at hushmail.com> wrote:

     A  A "...it would have been an incredible investment."
     A  A And that's about it.A  Nobody is really tearing around the
     countryside
     A  A in their Mangusta anymore, if they ever did.A  Lucky for us,
     the Pantera
     A  A is much better suited for driving the sh*t out of.
     A  A Still, to my eyeballs, the Mangusta is hands-down one of the
     A  A deadliest-looking sports cars ever built.A  If I had $300K
     laying
     A  A around, I'd snap this one up in a heartbeat.
     A  A (rather have the twin headlight model though)
     A  A Even at $300K, I'd bet the 'goose is still going to be a sound
     A  A investment.A  If the oddball Toyota 2000 GT can hit a million,
     by
     A  A Jeebus, the Mangusta can't be far behind.
     A  A Sent using Hushmail
     A  A On June 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM, "Scott Mead Photography"