[DeTomaso] Mangusta on eBay

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:03:54 EDT 2016

_"...it would have been an incredible investment."__ _And that's about
it.  Nobody is really tearing around the countryside in their Mangusta
anymore, if they ever did.  Lucky for us, the Pantera is much better
suited for driving the sh*t out of. Still, to my eyeballs, the
Mangusta is hands-down one of the deadliest-looking sports cars ever
built.  If I had $300K laying around, I'd snap this one up in a
heartbeat. (rather have the twin headlight model though)  Even at
$300K, I'd bet the 'goose is still going to be a sound investment.  If
the oddball Toyota 2000 GT can hit a million, by Jeebus, the Mangusta
can't be far behind.
 Sent using Hushmail
On June 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM, "Scott Mead Photography"  wrote:Back in
the early '80s, my dad had an opportunity to buy a '69 'Goose for (if
memory serves) $8,500. He didn't pop for it, as a few months earlier,
he took the money set aside to buy new drapes for the house and
purchased a couple 10" Campis and a set of Goodyear Blue Streaks to
run at Riverside. With my mom still livid of having to live with
tattered window dressings, he erred on the side of peace in the
household (besides, buying the 'Goose would have meant my mon's car
would have to live outside the garage), and the car went to another
home. Had he (or any of us for that matter) bought the car, it would
have been an incredible investment. I need to get working on a time
machine!