[DeTomaso] Shimms to make narrower shock absorber bushings fit between ears?

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:35:56 EDT 2016

Are the bushings a 3 piece design, That is an inner sleeve and rubbers for each side?

I would think the shock would be similar to the arm bushings in that the "sleeve" would allow you to solidly clamp down on the bolt without compressing the rubber.

Will the shock width allow the use of the 1.44" bushings?  Is so, using plain steel washers to make the length of the sleeve to fit the 1.81" ears.

Joe/5177