[DeTomaso] Oil temperature

jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Jun 11 17:41:44 EDT 2016

Mike

Pardon my butting in with an experience when you question ws posited to Asa.

 With my oil/coolant heat exchanger, the oil temp eventually matches the coolant temp on highway drives.  Unfortunately, that is closer to 190 degrees.   I believe that Rousch did testing on optimum oil temps and horsepower creation.  The magic number I recall John Christian sharing was 220 degrees, not 230.

The other advantage to a heat exchanger is that when starting a cold engine the coolant helps raise oil temps quicker.

JT
---- Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

AJ,

Since you had instrumentation, what were your temps when driving at freeway speeds?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone