[DeTomaso] Great things that have happened because of This List (many moons ago)

Kurt Byrnes kdb at kbyrnes.com
Thu Jun 9 15:03:06 EDT 2016

Great story Charles.  Shows how great this community can be.

On 6/9/2016 10:09 AM, Charles McCall wrote:
> [...]

   Forest Majors - who I had never met (and still haven't!)A but had
   gotten to know thanksA to the e-mail fA^3rum sent me a note out of the
   blue asking how he could help. I had a friend drive my car shipped to
   his house in CT, where Forest was kind enough to fix some minor things
   that he noticed along the way that were quiteA helpful, and stored the
   car for me until it could be delivered to the port. If I remember
   correctly, he even pulled a few parts off a spare Pantera he had to
   help me be on my way.
   People I had never met in person - Mike Drew and Forest MajorsA - who
   each did a good deed for someone they didn't know personally either but
   had come to "know" virtually, asking for nothing in return.
   I still see a lot of that spirit on this list today, which is no doubt
   one reason for its success. Thanks to all who make it so!

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.