[DeTomaso] NPC - Processed some vintage race in-car footage

Kurt Byrnes kdb at kbyrnes.com
Wed Jun 8 14:07:11 EDT 2016

Thanks everyone.  I'm driving my 1951 MG TD.  This was the second
feature race for our group.  The first race was won by an Elva Mk II.  I
took second place.  They handicapped the Elva back to fourth place so I
was on the pole for the second race.  Everyone, including me, expected
him to overtake me in the first lap so I had made plans to swap
positions a few times with a friend as long as we held the Elva off.
Put on a show and all that.  The Elva passed him almost immediately so I
was just trying to stay in front.  Fortunately for me, every time he
would get close to me, we would be lapping traffic and I was able to
pass at full throttle and he would have to wait to get through a corner.

Larry, I'll be at the event again this year so come on out.

Another event any east coast folks should really consider is the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park.  In addition to being
the only U.S. vintage race held on city streets, there is a HUGE car
show all around the race course.  This year's marque for the Italian
section is DeTomaso!  See http://www.pvgp.org/

Kurt